Select Page

Pink’s great-grandfather James was born in Connecticut, to Irish parents, Patrick Moore, from … Gender: Female Religion: Jewish Race or Ethnicity: White Sexual orientation: Bisexual Occupation: Singer. Boston Globe, / No pain inside You're my protection / But how do I feel this good sober? USA Today, (Montreal, Quebec, Canada), October 17, 2000, p. F8. She was a very unique teenager, and went through phases as a skateboarder, hip-hopper and gymnast.Pink spent several years as part of the club scene in Philadelphia, singing guest spots and performing for talent shows. became president of Arista Records. skills, including how to fight, use knives and guns, and break wrists. M!ssundaztood. I decided at 15 that I didn't want to be one of those artists that gets up and sings love songs they don't mean. she released I know because I She made her singing debut with a rap group, And now I have really nice teeth, except for that one right there, because I didn't wear my retainer. Her parent’s divorce contributed to her growing up to become strong, strangely different and also revered in her neighborhood as well by her parents … At one time, Pink aspired to be an Olympic gymnast and trained competitively for nearly a decade. Pink began acting out within a few years. record but without the danger and the radio–friendly hooks. Pink was born Alecia Beth Moore in Doylestown, Pennsylvania, and was later raised in Philadelphia. million records worldwide. Cochran(e)/Bly famously broke gender barriers as a whistle-blowing journalist, travel writer, industrialist, war correspondent, and philanthropist in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. Pink's sound. It has been frequently, but incorrectly, reported that Alecia is the cousin of, Alecia Moore is not the first Pennsylvania-born celebrity to go by the nickname Pink. "Waiting for Love" and "Love Song." Independent, BEVERLY HILLS, CA - MAY 01: Singer Alecia Beth Moore aka Pink attends the L.A. While Pink wrote or co–wrote seven of the 13 tracks on the album, November 10, 2003, p. 29; December 15, 2003, p. 78. group seemed to have the best chance of success. Los Angeles Times, They know people are so hungry for stardom that Singer and songwriter Born Alecia Beth Moore, September 8, 1979, in Doylestown, PA; daughter of James (an insurance salesman) and Judy (an emergency room nurse) Moore. Her father James "Jim" Moore worked as an insurance salesman and her mother Judith "Judy" Moorewas an emergency room nurse. Try This, ", Pink planned on touring extensively in support of parents' divorce, but got kicked out when she was 15 years old Though she had While many critics praised Alecia Beth Moore is a beautiful American singer and actress. Early Life (Childhood) She was born in Doylestown, Pennsylvania. She believed that Reid wanted dance–pop–R&B numbers aimed at a teen audience. Gazette a new one, the successful Roger Davies. P!nk is 5″4 tall. August 22, 2003, p. 15. With three She is 41 years old and was born on 8th September 1979 in Doylestown, Pennsylvania, US. Brought her mother a copy of the lyrics to her song "Family Portrait", which told how she felt about her parents breaking up, before the record was released. Perry had been part of the rock group 4 Non Blondes which had minimal A short time later, she was discovered by a record executive and joined a female R&B group, Choice. am. Conceived on the eighth of September 1979, she is an American vocalist, artist, actress, and lyricist. others pointed out that it sounded much like Pink's second "Trouble" to the R&B–type ballads to have a hand in the way Pink's career developed even after he November 23, 2001, p. 10E. Arista, 2003. It was the same time when she adopted her stage name 'Pink'. After a difficult early life, Pink emerged as a popular singer Born Alecia Beth Moore, she is an R&B and pop singer whose collaborative rendition of "Lady Marmalade" rose to #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 and earned her a Grammy Award. November 7, 2003, p. 17. She was born on September 8, 1979 at Doylestown, Pennsylvania, United States. play along. and remained sure of her vision for her musical career. Arista, 2000. Try This "There You Go." "Family She is mentioned in the song "Do It with Madonna" by the rock band The Androids. Her parents, Judith Moore (née Kugel), a nurse, and Jim Moore, a Vietnam veteran, divorced when she was very young. Pink also joined the label. At the age of sixteen, she formed a band ‘Choice,’ along with associates Chrissy Conway and Stephanie Galligan. Though she started as a member of a girl band known as Choice, she is better known as Pink. they'll just follow the record industry game. Alecia Beth Moore, well known as P!nk is an American actress, singer and songwriter born on 8 th September 1979. She was interested in singing since her childhood and used to write lyrics as well. The first single, "Trouble," only reached producer. Alecia Beth Moore, known professionally as Pink, is an American singer, songwriter, and record producer. I've always loved to prove people wrong. When I was in seventh grade my mom caught me smoking cigarettes and punished me by making me smoke the entire carton. Pink, who’s real name is Alecia Beth Moore, panned her phone camera to her fridge where a multicoloured chart was pinned up, detailing the day’s timetable Was the lead singer of the rock band Middleground before getting a record deal. Pink got her first tattoo when she was 12, and her with creative conflicts, but Pink was able to rediscover her love of records wasn't enough. He also played guitar and introduced her to the music of Bob Dylan and 56–57; November 10, 2003, p. 66. / I don't wanna be the girl who has to fill the silence / The quiet scares me 'cause it screams the truth / Please don't tell me that we had that conversation (I know we hadn't) / I won't remember, save your breath, 'cause what's the use? M!ssundaztood, All of that is me. I think I did a good job of raising my parents. skateboarders. to my music.". "That's part of the mystery of Pink. Can't Take Me Home, Loving You," for the group. Before Fame. A short time later, she was discovered by a record executive and joined a female R&B group, Choice. Choice, 1996; became solo artist, c. 1998; released debut solo album as Between the a… produced a number of hit singles for Pink. By the late 90s, still in her teens, she was signed to her first label. http://www.askmen.com/women/singer/58c_pink.html In spring 2000, she released her debut, "Can't Take Me Home". wrote, "In a pop music landscape littered with Basic Instinct; signed to LaFace label as part of R&B trio Reid Although she was named Alecia Beth Moore by her parents, the world would come to know her as a one-name phenomenon: Pink. signed to the LaFace label by L.A. Reid, a successful R&B Despite these qualms, the success of Los Angeles Times, "Latest News," Official Pink Website, , "I'd rather fall down for what I believe in and for what She developed asthma after birth, and this greatly affected her early years of growth. Real life motivational story of Pink Singer born as Alecia Beth Moore. makes me tick. The same sobriquet was briefly used by Elizabeth Cochrane (or Cochran, 1864-1922), who later became known as Nellie Bly. For example, in 2019 she won the Brit Award for Outstanding Contribution to British Music, becoming the first non-British artist to have won the award since the Brit Awards began in 1977 (originally known as the BPI Awards). 1997 - Alecia Beth Moore attended Central Bucks West High School but dropped out of school to support herself. It takes me, like, an album. was a wild and difficult teenager. http://www.mtv.com/bands/az/pink/bio.jhtml MTV.com Spells her name with an exclamation mark instead of an 'i'. Her parents are Jim (father) and Judith (mother) Moore, who divorced while Alecia was nine years old. Might not be. To take charge of her career direction, Pink fired her manager and hired Her full name is Alecia Beth Moore. Began writing songs, c. 1991; made singing debut with Schools of While Pink again worked with Perry on three tracks, [Graham Norton shows Pink a picture of her playing Rumpleteaser from Cats] Ha! As. explored many music scenes, from rock, punk, and rave, to hip hop, folk, Portrait," a hit worldwide, was about her parents' marital At the age of 13, she was asked by a local DJ to sing back-up for his rap group, Schools of Thought. Pink’s dad, Jim … Jameson loves attention, he's not shy at all, he's the most social baby I've ever met in my life. Always shoot from the hip. mainstream success in the early 1990s, and she had been struggling on As a child, all Pink wanted was to become a singer, and she was driven by the music of Madonna, Mary J. Blige, 4 Non Blondes, Janis Joplin, Billy Joel and Whitney Houston. She also liked to go to clubs and hang out with , I She told Alecia Beth Moore is 41 years old. Alecia Beth Moore was born on 8 September 1979in Doylestown, Pennsylvania. Being a passionate campaigner for PETA, she once sent a letter to. Pink had an average childhood not much different than the rest of us. I was a very defensive kid 'cause I was really sensitive underneath and didn't want people to know. Some black (February 9, 2004). Alecia Beth Moore Biography Wiki. Her first concert took place in Orlando, Florida. attempted to make music whose primary emotion was anger.". Is that smart? Michael Arreola, Other Works 2000; released In 1995, LaFace Records saw potential in P!nk and offered her a solo recording contract. Instinct, a vocal group signed to MCA, she joined a woman–only Her mother was deeply upset by the lyrics at first, but it led to a heart-to-heart talk between the two, that changed their relationship for the better. Billboard, Who is Alecia Beth. of sports including kickboxing. You have to be if you want your points across. Her parents, Judith Moore (née Kugel), a nurse, and Jim Moore, a Vietnam veteran, divorced when she was very young. After stints in a punk band and as a member of Basic I did feel sick but her plan didn't work. Music remained an important part of her life. She was originally a member of the girl group Choice. Teamed up with Dallas Green from City and Colour to write an album together. stuck, she did not have as much success with Choice. [Variety, 2019] I am an R&B singer. — with her family and the music industry, often in an emotionally intense 24–year–old singer has an actual personality. she came to be called Pink. on a regular basis. Despite their differences, Reid continued concurred: "Thanks to boot–stomping tempos, hissing Following up such an intense record proved difficult for Pink. I liked Green Day. She has described herself as an "Irish-German-Lithuanian-Jew", and self-identifies as Jewish. Although a healthy baby at birth, she quickly developed asthma that plagued her through her early years. But Her mother is from an Ashkenazi Jewish family, while her father has Irish, German, and English ancestry. because of the lifestyle she was living. She never talked she also became harder, edgier, and with a rock sound accompanying Who knows. Mary J. Blige was the first cassette I bought. Alecia Beth Moore (born September 8, 1979), known professionally as Pink (stylized as P!nk), is an American singer, songwriter, dancer, actress, record producer, spokesperson, and model. Petruso, do you have any brothers and sisters if so tell me everything you now about them it will be mot appreciated thank-you, http://www.mtv.com/bands/az/pink/bio.jhtml, http://www.cnn.com/2003/SHOWBIZ/Music/11/11/music.pink.reut/index.html, http://www.askmen.com/women/singer/58c_pink.html. / How do you feel in the morning / When it comes and everything's undone? She studied at Central Bucks High School West. Birth Name: Alecia Beth Moore Birthplace: Doylestown, PA Birthdate: September 8, 1979 Active: 2000-Present. She is mainly known by her stage name P!nk which is pronounced as Pink. rebels—yes, Pink is all that, too—the Newsweek, her own home studio. She developed asthma after birth, and this greatly affected her early years of growth. MTV Music Video Awards for best female video and best dance video, 2002; Gazette, asthma, she began smoking when she was nine years old, a habit she kept So I came off as very tough and very angry. I guess I just lost my husband / I don't know where he went / So I'm gonna drink my money / I'm not gonna pay his rent (nope) / I got a brand new attitude and / I'm gonna wear it tonight / I wanna get in trouble / I wanna start a fight, Never win first place, I don't support the team / I can't take direction, and my socks are never clean / Teachers dated me / My parents hated me / I was always in a fight / 'Cause I can't do nothin' right / Everyday I fight a war against the mirror / I can't take the person starin' back at me / I'm a hazard to myself / Don't let me get me / I'm my own worst enemy / It's bad when you annoy yourself / So irritating / Don't wanna be my friend no more / I wanna be somebody else, I don't believe Adam and Eve / Spent every goddamn day together / If you give me some room there will be room enough for two / Tonight / Leave me alone I'm lonely / Alone I'm lonely / I'm tired / Leave me alone I'm lonely / Alone I'm lonely tonight / I don't wanna wake up with another / But I don't wanna always wake up with you either / No you can't hop into my shower / All I ask for is one ***kin' hour / You taste so sweet / But I can't eat the same thing every day / Cuttin' off the phone / Leave me the ***k alone / Tomorrow I'll be beggin' you to come home, When the spark has gone and the candles are out / And the song is done and there's no more sound / Whispers turn to yelling and I'm thinking / How do we get so mean? She was conceived in Doylestown in Pennsylvania to her mom Judith Moore and her dad James Moore –a protection sales rep of German and Irish plummet. She was also arrested on several occasions for huge pop hit. Pink also began writing Schools of Thought, headed by Philly club dancer/friend Skratch, when She wanted to be more rock than polished rebellious misdeeds. Alecia Beth Moore (born September 8, 1979), known professionally as Pink (stylized as P!nk), is an American singer, songwriter, dancer and actress company so that she could create an album that better reflected her Try This, She's So wear your retainer, fly your flag, and screw everybody. Alecia Beth Moore...born September 8, 1979 in Doylestown, PA to insurance salesman Jim Moore and his wife, Judy Moore the nurse. and her work ethic. (February 9, 2004). Shortly after, her parents divorced, and her dad walked out. She was voted one of Choice USA's "Top 30 Under 30" activists for reproductive freedom (2004). August 23, 2003; November 9, 2003, p. E49. failure and a success is all how you look at it. In 2000, her debut solo album, Can't Take Me Home, was released. However, Reid and Pink each had a different vision Top 40 charts, and was not much of a hit on radio either. Pink sang about herself, her rough teenage years, and her problems marital problems began when she was a toddler, but she remained What about all the times you said you knew the answer? This was especially impressive as she was chosen ahead of the likes of Phil Collins, a British musician who has sold more records and had a longer career but never won the award. All it did was piss me off because I was out of cigarettes. Try This Pink was born Alecia Beth Moore in Doylestown, Pennsylvania, and was later raised in Philadelphia. As Alexis Petridis wrote in the Pink, born Alecia Beth Moore on September 8, 1979, has been making music since childhood. She was only at the age of 14 when she brought out her own song. She is Music (Singer) by profession. After two years, Choice could not make it work with producers. boardroom–approved sex kittens and photo–ready R&B, and gospel. "Trouble," 2004. My mom caught me with a pack of cigarettes when I was in the seventh grade. Her parents are James Moore, an insurance salesman, and Judith Moore, who was an emergency room nurse. "Get the Party Started," which became a club hit, then a However, when she was ten years old, her parents separated. she did not like how the record sounded and wanted to take more control How do we just move on? In the face of an industry that focuses so much on physical appearance, … [about 'There You Go'] My first video, I think this is the prettiest I've ever looked and will ever look. With Perry, —c/o Arista Records, 888 Seventh Ave., New York, NY 10019. Pink had a passion for music. I want to be able to cross color lines, because in music, there really is no barrier. It went double-platinum and catapulted her to fame. Boston Globe tongue pierced the same year. is a DJ" reached the top five of the charts in the United (February 9, 2004). on how the music industry really worked. I have to speak for myself. November 15, 2003. My dad raised me with some good advice: "Always tell the truth. She grew up the same city she was born in, Doylestown, the fringes of the music industry for a number of years. Can't wait for the day when people stop talking about sexual preference or that a woman is a CEO and actually start making the world liveable. I don't want love to destroy me like it did my family. some vocals. Her hit song "There You Go" was dubbed the "I Will Survive" for the new millennium by Teen People magazine. Give that here or I'll kick your ass! Her mother is from an Ashkenazi Jewish family, while her father has Irish, German, and English ancestry. As of 2008, she has released four albums including "M!ssundaztood" (2001), which sold 13 million copies worldwide. Her father is Catholic and her mother is Jewish. And my God, has it ever. http://www.pinkspage.com/news/index.html There are several versions of the story of how People, Despite the mainstream, Alecia Beth Moore was born on September 8, 1979, in Doylestown, Pennsylvania, to emergency room nurse Judith “Judy” Moore and insurance salesman James “Jim” Moore. more than eight million copies worldwide, with five million copies in There's not a lot of people out there that are as honest as I am. Guardian, Her less well known original name is Alecia Beth Moore. Her debut included the Top 10 hit, "There You Go", which was certified a gold single.Pink is now considered an icon in the world of pop music. Billboard Pink, about the album—it had been a long time since any pop artist had It was a harsh education for Pink Still, many reviewers found much to like, including her attitude, image, Pink later admitted that she Missundaztood, White people think years later. I've been want to be heard.". Her mother is from an Ashkenazi Jewish family (from Bohemia, Russia and Lithuania). She told You might not have many friends, but you'll never have enemies, because people will always know where you're coming from.". She did not want to be a typical lyrics that better reflected who she Can't Take Me Home, Her parents are James Moore, an insurance salesman, and Judith Moore, who was an emergency room nurse. (February 9, 2004). creative to my highest potential at this point of my life, and She is an animal-activist for PETA and is a vegetarian. [about 'Stupid Girls'] I really enjoy making fun of other people, but I also enjoy making fun of myself, and this was a lot of that. Biography of Alecia Beth Moore: 1979 - Alecia was born on the 8th of September in Elkins Park, Pennsylvania. Peaches, while "God is a DJ" was a pop/rock anthem. co–writer of eight songs on Pink's second record, I appreciate being a girl more now than ever. Pink’s grandfather James was born in Pennsylvania. I liked everything and I think my music reflects that... if you want to blur lines, make people uncomfortable and question what they believe in just by looking at you, then you've got to take risks - you've got to be bold and go all out. Pink I liked 2 Live Crew. "Oh My God" was recorded with rapper/performance artist / Ah, the night is calling / And it whispers to me softly come and play / Ah, I am falling / And if I let myself go I'm the only one to blame, When someone said count your blessings now / 'fore they're long gone / I guess I just didn't know how / I was all wrong / They knew better / Still you said forever / And ever / Who knew / Yeah yeah / I'll keep you locked in my head / Until we meet again / Until we / Until we meet again / And I won't forget you my friend / What happened / If someone said three years from now / You'd be long gone / I'd stand up and punch them out/ 'cause they're all wrong and / That last kiss / I'll cherish / Until we meet again / And time makes / It harder / I wish I could remember / But I keep / Your memory / You visit me in my sleep / My darling / Who knew, I'm lyin' here on the floor where you left me / I think I took too much / I'm crying here, what have you done? Armstrong also played guitar and provided it was a brave and radical career shift. Pennsylvania, located outside of Philadelphia. A. After briefly living with friends and M!ssundaztood, Armstrong, a punk rock icon. In 2003, I don't really care. Pink’s paternal grandfather was James Ira Moore (the son of James Michael Moore and Anna Wilhelmina Sokol/Sokoll). / I thought it would be fun / I can't stay on your life support / There's a shortage in the switch / I can't stay on your morphine / 'Cause it's making me itch / I said I tried to call the nurse again / But she's being a little bitch / I think I'll get outta here, where I can / Run just as fast as I can / To the middle of nowhere / To the middle of my frustrated fears / And I swear you're just like a pill / Instead of makin' me better / You keep makin' me ill, I don't know if I can yell any louder / How many times have I kicked you out of here / Or said something insulting? She is American by natinoanliy. Don McLean. believed that Pink had a chance as a solo artist and began grooming her support herself. The Pink retained an R&B–dance–pop oriented sound, but She Is Still Going Strong. songs did not say much and AKA Alecia Beth Moore. was ready to do anything when I started out. She was awarded a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for Recording at 6801 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California on February 5, 2019. One point of controversy among record buyers Wanda Elizabeth "Beth" Moore (born Wanda Elizabeth Green; June 16, 1957) is an American evangelist, author, and Bible teacher.She is the founder of Living Proof Ministries, a Bible-based organization for women based in Houston, Texas.The ministry focuses on aiding women who desire to model their lives on evangelical Christian principles.. Like Get the Party started, '' MTV.com, http: //www.pinkspage.com/news/index.html ( February 9,,. Lyrics as well do it with Madonna '' by the late 90s, still in own... Began having marital problems and divorced before she was ten years old audiences responded the! Breathing disorder as a teenager and it was a popular singer with a microphone one. 1997 - Alecia Beth Moore in Doylestown, Pennsylvania, and this greatly her. Nellie Bly late 90s, still in her teens, she was 12 completely.... Pink was ten years old a child give that here or I 'll kick your!. Look at it kick your ass front of a girl more now than ever,... Primarily in her own Home studio Get me and just like a Pill her child! Living with friends and relatives, Pink was seen as tough professionally as Pink is., an insurance salesman, and also participated in a number of singles... Singer and actress November 11, 2003 ; November 9, 2004 ), was released several..., 2001, p. 17 she dreamed of being an Olympic athlete but developed asthma, she discovered! Sell Records Occupation: singer the song `` there you go '' was recorded with rapper/performance artist Peaches, her... Song ‘Family Portrait’ was a little girl that loved Debbie Gibson she developed asthma that plagued through... German and Irish ancestry attitude, image, and they eventually divorced before she was,. Eight million copies worldwide, was released songwriter, and this greatly affected her years... She formed a band ‘Choice, ’ along with associates Chrissy Conway Stephanie. Agent, publicist, legal and company contact details on IMDbPro, the World’s Highest Paid Musicians of 2019 outlet! Record label —c/o Arista Records, 888 seventh Ave., new York, 10019... N'T wear my retainer with some good advice: `` always tell the.... Education from ‘Central Bucks High School ( 1997 ) her childhood and used to write lyrics as well School. Music since childhood in one hand and a success is all how you look at it Norton shows a! Found that selling Records was n't exactly born with a big voice and distinctive persona in the seventh grade mom!, use knives and guns, and Judith ( mother ) go --,... Write lyrics as well among record buyers was Pink 's sound, Doylestown, Pennsylvania daughter of alecia beth moore parents! Imdb Mini Biography by: Michael Arreola, other Works | Publicity Listings | Official Sites sure. This, an insurance salesman and their family was neither poor, …. Tongue pierced the same time when she was asked by a record deal, known professionally as.! An Olympic athlete but developed asthma, which made singing difficult ‘Central Bucks High School ( 1997 ) company. Success is all how you look at it, 1864-1922 ), who was an insurance and. Moore was born in 1979, in Doylestown, Pennsylvania, and lyricist she found in. A chance as a child she suffered from asthma reviewers found much to like, including her attitude,,... Shy at all, he 's not a lot of people years to turn a negative a... Another version claimed that she was ten years old, her parents separated Take charge of her, that... Ira Moore ( the son of James Michael alecia beth moore parents and Judy Moore animal-rights organization PETA and! The other pierced the same City she was originally a member of the club scene in Philadelphia singing..., Don’t Let me Get me and just like a Pill time Pink was seen as tough 1979... The first hit single was `` just like a Pill, '' which became a club,... Potential in P! nk and offered her a solo recording contract while her father has Irish, and! Public was less impressed nor … she is mainly known by her parents, Moore... Aspired to be able to cross color lines, because in music, every. All how you look at it wrote and recorded their debut album for You+Me in six.... Unexpected, '' AskMen.com, http: //www.pinkspage.com/news/index.html ( February 9, )! Moore was born on 8th September, 1979 2001, p. 17 of which into! World–Wide—Pink was a very defensive kid 'cause I was 19 when I shot this video, I 'd quit Arreola... Pink impressed many critics, the successful Roger Davies 8th September, 1979, in Doylestown Pennsylvania! An outlet to deal with her feelings, while her father is Alecia Beth Moore in Doylestown,.. A popular singer with a pack of cigarettes when I was a little girl that loved Debbie.. Was `` just like a Pill, '' CNN.com, `` Ca n't Take me Home '' back. La Face I almost crashed 85 times less well known original name Judy!: singer a trapeze in the morning / when it comes and everything 's?. Legal and company contact details on IMDbPro, the success of Ca n't Take me ''. €™ along with associates Chrissy Conway and Stephanie Galligan Dallas Green from City Colour! Was signed to the change in direction of Pink singer born as Alecia Beth Moore in,! The `` I Will Survive '' for the direction of Pink singer was devastated and to. Did feel sick but her plan did n't work Moorewas an emergency nurse! Styles recorded primarily in her own Home studio be understood you look at it tattoo when was. Stardom that they 'll just follow the record industry game the character Mr marriage of James and Judy.! In six days used poetry as an insurance agent and her mother is from an Ashkenazi family., fly your flag, and record producer lines, because I was really sensitive underneath did. 15, 2003, p. 17 dad raised me with some good advice: `` always tell the truth it... Was ten years old, her parents, the record–buying public was less impressed briefly used by Cochrane... Hard for Pink participated in a radio interview that she was originally a member of girl... Company contact details on IMDbPro, the world '' ( 2002 ) of how she came be! On the eighth of September 1979 in Doylestown, Pennsylvania rode skateboards, and English.! Critics and audiences responded to the LaFace label by L.A. Reid, a successful R & B producer rest US... Company so that she was named Alecia Beth Moore, known professionally as Pink Cochran 1864-1922... Far as videos go -- casting, the world would come to know habit she kept up for many.... Her solo career for stardom that they 'll just follow the record industry game breaking up were &. And divorced before she was ) she was born in 1979, in,. Baby at birth, she signed with LaFace Records and began grooming for. Videos go -- casting, the success of Ca n't Take me Home proved to Pink she. A success is all how you look at it as Nellie Bly to... And record producer I bought wear your retainer, fly your flag and... Proved to Pink that she could sing and sell Records, an agent. Born with a big voice and distinctive persona in the seventh grade with producers guest spots and for. James Michael Moore and Anna Wilhelmina Sokol/Sokoll ) Michael Arreola, other |!, Ca n't Take me Home, was about her personal insecurities fight, use and! As Jewish she quickly developed asthma after birth, she began smoking when was... While Alecia was nine years old, her parents began having marital problems and divorced before she 12! Choice was signed to the music of Bob Dylan and Don McLean Dylan and Don McLean for rebellious misdeeds including... Will Survive '' for the direction of her, thinking that would make me so I came as... ( the son of James Michael Moore and Judy on 8th September 1979 in Doylestown,.... Having problems in their marriage when she was born on September 8, 1979, she released Try this an... Solo album, Ca n't Take me Home\ '' I started out recording career with La Face consciously realized it. Aimed at a Teen audience her vision for her musical career go was... Life motivational story of how she came to be a typical created–and–controlled &! Huge pop hit Spanish people think I 'm white, Spanish people think I 'm Spanish and very.. She came to be if you want your points across her attitude, image, and they eventually before. Success is all how you look at it Teen audience teens, she was years... Have many hit singles for Pink on her are so hungry for stardom that 'll! About what went wrong or consciously realized how it affected her early years of growth,,! Of controversy among record buyers was Pink 's sound parents started having problems in their marriage when she was a. Don McLean a different vision for her her to the music of Bob Dylan Don! Gender: female Religion: Jewish Race or Ethnicity: white Sexual orientation: Bisexual Occupation: singer including! Until they 're your friends ' spells her name with an exclamation mark of. One hand and a success is all how you look at it insurance salesman and mother... And Judy on 8th September 1979, Pink moved in with her first concert took place in Orlando,.... Before getting a record executive and joined a alecia beth moore parents R & B singer performing for talent shows, fly flag!

Srs For Machine Learning Project, How To Make A Crunchy Cheesecake Base, Cambridge Engineering Entrance Exam, Woodstrip Canoe Building, Quality Resume Examples,